Our Mission is to:
“Come… be you, be loved, be filled. Go…be joy, be hope, be love. Be His!”
Gruene United Methodist Church believes we are called to make disciples of Jesus Christ. Celebratory worship is important to us. We value praising God for who God is; we value children and youth in worship; we value relevant, biblical messages. We want you to be who you are, to feel the love of our congregation and the love of Christ and be filled with His love and grace.
When you leave this place, we want you to spread the love of God to others in any way you feel called to. Reaching out into the community and world in loving-kindness and mission is valued at Gruene UMC. We reach out to others locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. We are blessed to be a blessing to others.
We Believe as Christians…
- We believe in one God in three persons: Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
- We believe in God the Father as the creator of heaven and earth.
- God breathed life into every human being and therefore we should honor all of creation and love every person.
- We believe that humanity is bent toward sinning and therefore falls short of God’s glory. To put it bluntly…we all sin. But out of God’s great love for us while we were yet sinners,
- God sent his only Son, Jesus Christ, to come to earth to live, to teach, to heal, to offer hope, to die and rise again so that we might have life in Him.
- Jesus is the perfect example of God’s love.
- Through His teaching and example we can come to know a bit of who God is and how we might live in Christ.
- Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the counselor, the advocate, the breath of God.
- Jesus promised that we would never be alone, and that promise is fulfilled in the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives today.
- We believe that scripture is the inspired word of God as found in both the Old and New Testaments.
- The Bible contains all that is necessary for us to find salvation through Jesus Christ.
- We believe that God calls each of us to live in unity: One body, one mind, one spirit of Christ.
Articles of Faith of the United Methodist Church